April 20, 2022
In this permanent, 0.8FTE (4 days per week) role, you will join Park People’s development team and help lead our fundraising efforts through our next exciting phase of growth. You will manage, secure, and steward key elements of Park People’s revenue stream, and will be responsible for helping to ensure that our core work, as well as new projects, are sustainable over time.
We are looking for an experienced grant writer with an eye for fundraising strategy and experience working with major donors and managing large funding relationships.
Park People supports and mobilizes community park groups, community organizers, non-profits, park professionals and funders to activate the power of parks to build strong communities, healthy environments, and resilient cities.
We are actively working to hire, meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, Black, Indigenous and people of colour in ways that centre intersectionality, Indigenous resilience, and anti-racist principles. We are committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workspaces and programs, and encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
As Development Manager your role will include:
- Maintaining systems for annual planning and coordination of multiple team members around the pipeline, stewardship, and partnership development;
- Helping develop plans and strategies for the longer-term growth and diversification of Park People’s revenue streams;
- Developing and implementing plans for initial outreach and developing relationships with potential future major gift donors;
- Working with colleagues to create draft strategies, attend and support pitch meetings, and submit proposals;
- Supporting a healthy team culture of collaboration, accountability, support, ongoing learning, and effective processes;
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- 5 years experience in fund development including grant applications, corporate partnerships, and major gifts;
- Knowledge of the funding landscape in Canada, with a proven track record in generating revenue, writing large scale grants, and stewarding corporate sponsorship clients and major gift donors, including gifts over $100,000;
- Superior oral and written communications skills, including comfort presenting to corporate executives and major gift donors;
- Familiarity with systems for account management, revenue forecasting, financial tracking/reporting;
- Collaboration skills enabling your work with members of the entire Park People team;
- Knowledge of French is an asset but not a requirement.
Location: We are open to candidates from across Canada, and will assume a largely remote role with possible occasional in-person obligations in Toronto, Montreal and/or Vancouver.
Starting Salary: $65,000, prorated to 4 days per week
Anticipated Start Date: April-May 2022
Park People is a great place to work:
- We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, annual cost of living increases, and a pension plan.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We work remotely with colleagues across the country and have a strong culture of collaboration that supports a hybrid in-person and remote workplace.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
- We offer time and funding to support education and training and to grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
- We provide you the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence by March 31, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com to provide your contact information.
In addition to following all Provincial and Federally mandated Covid-19 measures, and to ensure the safety of our employees and our stakeholders, Park People requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.