Administrative Assistant (Fundraising and Communications)
In this full-time contract position, with funding provided by Miziwe-Biik, you will provide administrative support to our development and communications teams. The position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with various departments and team members.
Park People supports and mobilizes community park groups, community organizers, non-profits, park professionals, and funders to activate the power of parks to build strong communities, healthy environments, and resilient cities.
We are actively working to hire, meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, Black, Indigenous, and people of colour in ways that center on intersectionality, Indigenous resilience, and anti-racist principles. We are committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workspaces and programs, and encourage applications from BIPOC candidates. Successful candidates must register or be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training and are working with an Employment Advisor.
As an Administrative Assistant your role will include:
- Handle administrative requests and queries from senior managers;
- Support the database specialist and marketing manager with coordinating direct emailing and mailing campaigns;
- Draft briefing materials for funder and partnership meetings;
- Research and monitor upcoming funding opportunities;
- Administrative support for our national conference;
- Liaise with program, communications, and finance teams to provide supporting documentation for funder proposals and reports;
- Other administrative support as required.
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- A strong sense of organization and attention to detail;
- Knowledge and experience working in Google Office Suite is preferred;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures is an asset;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Previous experience in an administrative role is an asset;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- An interest in pursuing a career in the community or not-for-profit sector and a keen interest in building skills.
Location: The candidate must be GTA-based. This is primarily a remote position, with an occasional in-person presence at the Park People head office in Toronto, as needed.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours are flexible with approximately 9-5 Monday to Friday with the flexibility required to accommodate meetings and events on weekends and evenings.
Park People is a great place to work:
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We work remotely with colleagues across the country and have a strong culture of collaboration that supports a hybrid in-person and remote workplace.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
- We offer time and funding to support education and training
- We provide you with the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com to provide your contact information. We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis, so anyone interested in the position is encouraged to apply early. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within two weeks of their applications. Once the position has been filled, we will close the application process. We are thankful for all applications, and will only be contacting candidates invited for an interview.
In addition to following all Provincial and Federally mandated Covid-19 measures, and to ensure the safety of our employees and our stakeholders, Park People requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.