Development Manager, Grants
In this permanent, full-time role, you will join Park People’s development team and help lead our fundraising efforts through our next exciting phase of growth. You will manage, secure, and steward key elements of Park People’s grants revenue stream, and will be responsible for helping to ensure that our core work, as well as new projects, are sustainable over time.
We are looking for an experienced grant writer with an eye for fundraising strategy and experience managing large funding relationships.
Park People supports and mobilizes community park groups, community organizers, non-profits, park professionals and funders to activate the power of parks to build strong communities, healthy environments, and resilient cities.
We are actively working to hire, meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, Black, Indigenous and people of colour in ways that centre on intersectionality, Indigenous resilience, and anti-racist principles. We are committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workspaces and programs, and encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
As Development Manager your role will include:
- Working collaboratively with the Park People team to draft grant applications, funding proposals, and project reports;
- Utilizing Park People’s CRM database to coordinate with multiple team members around the fundraising pipeline, stewardship, and partnership development;
- Helping develop plans and strategies for the longer-term growth and diversification of Park People’s revenue streams;
- Developing and implementing plans for prospect research, initial outreach, and developing relationships with potential funding partners;
- Working with colleagues to create draft strategies, attend and support pitch meetings, and prioritize funding opportunities;
- Supporting a healthy team culture of collaboration, accountability, support, ongoing learning, and effective processes.
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- 5 years experience in fund development including grant applications, funding proposals, and report writing;
- Knowledge of the funding landscape in Canada, with a proven track record in generating revenue, writing large-scale grants, funding applications, and funder reports, including contributions over $100,000;
- Superior oral and written communications skills, including comfort presenting to government funding agencies, corporate executives, and philanthropic foundations;
- Familiarity with systems for account management, revenue forecasting, and financial tracking/reporting;
- Collaboration skills enabling your work with members of the entire Park People team;
- Knowledge of French is an asset but not a requirement.
Location: We are open to candidates from across Canada, and will assume a largely remote role with possible occasional in-person obligations in Toronto, Montreal and/or Vancouver.
Starting Salary: $70,000
Application Deadline: July 3rd, 2022 – However, we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews as they come in, so anyone interested in the position is encouraged to apply early.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Park People is a great place to work:
- We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, the annual cost of living increases, and a pension plan.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We work remotely with colleagues across the country and have a strong culture of collaboration that supports a hybrid in-person and remote workplace.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
- We offer time and funding to support education and training and to grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
- We provide you with the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com to provide your contact information.
To ensure the safety of our employees and our stakeholders, Park People requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.