Montréal Project Manager
In this role, you will join Park People’s programming team to help strengthen community involvement in urban parks across the city of Montréal. You will be responsible for leading the Montréal Park Friends Network by meeting, supporting, mobilizing and connecting some citizen-led community groups, and NGOs to realize the power of urban parks.
We are looking for a bilingual community builder, with experience organizing memorable and impactful community events, and a breadth of knowledge of Montréal’s municipal and non-profit landscape.
Park People supports and mobilizes community park groups, community organizers, non-profits, park professionals and funders to activate the power of parks to build strong communities, healthy environments, and resilient cities.
We are actively working to hire, meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour in ways that centre on intersectionality, Indigenous resilience, and anti-racist principles. We are committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workspaces and programs, and encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
As Project Manager your role will include:
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships and activities with members and partners of the Montréal Park Friends Network;
- Support Park Friends groups by providing them with event organization support and organizational development assistance;
- Integrate and adapt the tools and processes available from Park People to meet the objectives and needs of the network;
- Develop and disseminate best practice tools for the animation of urban parks;
- Lead project planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Support the work of the Quebec team and the national Park People team as needed;
- Contribute to social media content and strategy;
- Other related tasks as required.
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- Bilingual – French and English;
- At least 2 years of experience in community engagement, capacity building, and/or network development;
- Experience facilitating inclusive workshops and programs and working with equity-seeking groups;
- Experience developing, managing, and evaluating community-based projects;
- Knowledge of Montréal’s municipal landscape and other key public park stakeholders is a strong asset;
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of and ability to navigate different social media platforms.
A few other things that aren’t required but would make you a great fit…
- Experience in organizations working nationally and/or in hybrid remote and in-person workplaces;
- Experience in non-profit fundraising proposal writing;
- Knowledge of Copper database and Basecamp Projects.
Location: We will consider candidates based in the city of Montréal, and we are open to a blend of remote and in-person days in a typical work week.
Salary Range: $46,000 – $50,000
Anticipated Start Date: June 2022
Park People is a great place to work:
- We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, a bike share membership in select cities, annual cost of living increases and a pension plan.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We work remotely with colleagues across the country and have a strong culture of collaboration that supports a hybrid in-person and remote workplace.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
- We offer time and funding to support education and training and grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
- We provide you with the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Park People is a national organization and we strive to offer as many bilingual programs as our resources permit. Our operations and key language of collaboration are English, so while work within the Montréal team will be done in French (75% of your time), all communication with the rest of the team will be in English (25% of your time). For this reason, please submit your application in English, with an additional writing sample provided in French. The interview will be conducted in both languages.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence by May 22nd, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com to provide your contact information.
In addition to following all Provincial and Federally mandated Covid-19 measures, and to ensure the safety of our employees and our stakeholders, Park People requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.