Keynote: Great Parks Great Cities
Adrian Benepe, Senior Vice President & Director of City Park Development, The Trust for Public Land
Panel: Inclusive Cities: Realizing the Social Benefits of City Parks
Learn how community-led projects are delivering benefits often unrealized by traditional community engagement processes.
- Jake Tobin Garrett, Manager of Policy and Planning, Park People
- Sabina Ali, Co-founder of Thorncliffe Park Women’s Committee, Thorncliffe Park Women’s Committee
- Maura Lawless, Executive Director, The 519
- Ryan Gorrie, Associate, Brook McIlroy and Board Member, Indigenous Placemaking Council
- Moderator: Denise Pinto, Urbanist, Writer, Former Executive Director of Jane’s Walk
Panel: Leveraging the Power of Philanthropy for Parks
Explore how philanthropic initiatives are generating new park spaces, dynamic programming and revitalizing Canada’s parks.
- Tamara Rebanks, Chair, Conservation Committee, The W. Garfield Weston Foundation
- Carolyn Scotchmer, Regional Manager, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation
- Thea Silver, Strategy Lead, Green People, Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Sheila Taylor, Executive Director, Parks Foundation Calgary
- Moderator: Mary-Margaret McMahon, Chair, City of Toronto, Parks and Environment Committee