This central role supports the programming and outreach objectives of the organization. The position reports to Program Manager and works closely with the team of three project managers on the program team on a number of exciting 2017-2018 projects including the Green Line events, our Annual Parks Summit, summertime movies in the parks, Arts in the Parks programs, street art murals, working with TCH communities and more. See our website and blog posts to learn more about our programs.
Specific Duties will include:
Communications and Events
- Leads the organization of public events and workshops
- Supports timelines and workback schedule leading up to annual Parks Summit
- Assists with logistics for events including venue, catering, travel, accommodations and volunteers
- Posting city wide parks events to our events listings
- Supports TD Parks Builders and the Weston Family Parks Challenge granting program with administrative and record keeping support
- Help leading walks with parks groups
- Supporting the “Friends Of” network through maintaining the database
- Respond to general inquiries, represent Park People at outreach and civic engagement events
- Support partnership programs working in high needs neighbourhoods
- Other duties as required
- A great sense of organization and attention to detail
- Experience in planning events
- Great oral and written communications skills, outgoing and interactive
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A customer service approach, and professional demeanor
- An interest in pursuing a career in the community or not for profit sector and a keen interest in building skills
Hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday with some flexibility required to accommodate meetings and events on weekends and evenings.
Anticipate start date April 1, 2017. One year full time contract
Hours are generally 9-5 Monday to Friday with flexibility required to accommodate meetings and events on weekends and evenings. The position pays $20.50/ hour or $37, 310 annually.
How to Apply: This position is funded by Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment & Training.
We are grateful for funding from Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment & Training, which allows us to hire someone of Aboriginal descent.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the community or not for profit sector, learning new skills and building a network, please send your resume and cover letter, referencing your eligibility to register as a client of Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment, to email@example.com. as soon as possible, but no later than March 27, 2017. Early applications are welcome as interviews will start as soon as possible, and the position will be filled as soon as an appropriate candidate is found.
For more information about Park People please visit: http://www.parkpeople.ca
Position is subject to government funding. Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest.