Friends Of Humber Bay Park
Friends Of Humber Bay park was founded in 2015 as a result of efforts to save a trapped Red Necked Grebe hatch-ling in Humber Bay Park pond.
MISSION STATEMENT: Protect, Preserve, and Enhance Humber Bay Park.
To do this, and as stewards of the park, we want to:
- Maintain this quiet oasis for the enjoyment of all park users,
- Educate the public about nature and looking after HBP,
- Participate in the planning of the future of the park.
- Work with all levels of government to protect all sensitive and threatened flora and fauna in our park.
Parks we work in:
- Humber Bay Park West
- Humber Bay Park East
- Humber Bay Shores
Things we do:
- citizen science project(s)
- environmental restoration
- invasive species removal
- nature walks
- tree planting
- waterkeepers (river/stream)
We're looking for volunteers in these areas:
- Regular volunteers
- Occasional volunteers