Canada's city park network
The Park People Network connects and supports the community volunteers, city park professionals, and non-profit staff who activate the power of parks in cities across Canada.
As a part of this informal network, you’ll access knowledge, connections, and funding to bolster your awesome work in parks.
Who Can Join the Network?
Park advocates & volunteers:
- Community park group volunteers including ‘park friends’ groups, and community organizers who work in Canada’s city parks
- Municipal park staff, city planners, non-profits, landscape architects and others who work in Canada’s city parks
Why Join the Network?
- Webinars and conference calls on topics like funding opportunities, new research, actionable park programming and partnership ideas
- Priority registration for Park People events, including Summits, workshops and conferences
- Early access to Park People’s latest research reports
- Curated resources including templates and sample agreements to support your work in parks
- Add your park group or non-profit organizational profile to our map to recruit new volunteers and spread the word about your events and work
- We facilitate connections between groups to foster learning and partnerships. We’ll make personal introductions to other Network members working on similar projects and challenges.
- Park People delivers and administers a range of funding programs to its Network members across Canada
- We’ll keep you up to date on the funding opportunities for park activation across Canada and help you get the insights you need to secure funding.
- Free profile on Park People’s park opportunity finder to drive people to your social media feeds, volunteer opportunities and events
- Receive Park People’s City Parks Post and have your work in parks profiled among park people across Canada