Park People is working with LEAF (Local Enhancement and Appreciation of Forests) and Toronto Community Housing Corporation (TCHC) to plant trees on three TCHC properties. A key component of Park People's role in the project is to engage tenants in the planting and stewardship of the trees.
TCHC communities offer significant plantable areas. They are also areas of need since many ash trees have been removed due to the invasive pest emerald ash borer.
Over the years we worked with the following communities:
- Scarlettwood (Scarlettwood), Etobicoke
- 111 Kendleton Drive (Albion Lodge), Etobicoke
- 1901 Sheppard Avenue West (Sheppard Magellan), North York
- 110 Mornelle Court (Mornelle/Ellesmere), Scarborough
- 3847 Lawrence Avenue East (Lawrence/Susan), Scarborough
- 4100 & 4110 Lawrence Avenue East (Lawrence/Galloway), Scarborough
- 6 & 7 Glamorgan Avenue (Kennedy/Dundalk), Scarborough
- 65 Greencrest Circuit (Cedarbrae Manor), Scarborough
- 20 & 30 Falstaff Avenue, North York
- 20, 30 & 40 Gordonridge Place (Danforth Midland), Scarborough
- 75 Tandridge Crescent, Etobicoke.