Let’s get walking, together!
Walk in the Park will help select groups in Toronto establish community-led walking clubs for seniors. These clubs will help seniors in your community get fit while helping build connections with nature and with other community members.
- Your walks all take place in the City of Toronto
- Your walking club focuses on seniors, but is open to all community members who want to join
- Your group has a minimum of 2 members committed to leading walks
- A minimum of 8 walks will take place in local parks or green spaces between April 18th and October 18th, 2019.
- Group leaders must be seniors or older adults, and those group members will attend a full day training session during the week of March 18th.
- Applications to be part of this program are now open and will close Sunday, February 17th 12pm EST at midnight.
Please review the program FAQ for any additional questions you have about the program.
Eligible walking groups receive:
- Training and basic support
- Resources including walk leader handbook, first aid kit, pedometer, and whistle
- $1000 financial contribution toward your group
- First aid training bursary (optional)
Curious about Walk in the Park?
Read the resource on starting a walking group which covers:
- Barriers to walking and how to overcome them
- Core elements of your walking group
- Preparing a walk route
- What to do before, during and after the walk
For additional questions, please contact Brianna at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Park People’s office at 416-583-5776
Walk in the Park is generously supported by: