Heart of the City is hosted by Park People, the organization that supports and mobilizes people to help them activate the power of parks to improve quality of life in cities across Canada.
Join this unique mix of park professionals and community leaders from a range of sectors whose work intersects with city parks.
Our second national conference will bring park people from across Canada together in Montreal June 12-14 2019.
Attend the Conference:
Join Canada’s park leaders for two days of talks, tours, workshops and networking receptions in Montreal, a city much-loved for having green spaces at the core of urban life.
Who should attend?
- Leaders of community park groups including ‘Friends of’ park groups
- Staff from non-profit organizations working in city parks or who leverage the power of parks to achieve their mission
- Municipal park staff
- Park professionals
- National and heritage conservation specialists
- Funders supporting initiatives that activate the power of parks
Heart of the city attendees will:
- Hear from inspiring leaders about how they are re-imagining and enhancing city parks.
- Participate in practical and hands-on sessions, workshops, and tours that will foster dialogue around topics such as park planning, partnerships, design, and programming.
- Tour some of Montreal’s most innovative parks and public spaces.
- Network with park people including attendees from your own city and those from across Canada.
The Heart of the City Conference program is being regularly updated. See Conference Program for latest developments.
Subscribe for Conference Updates
Park People has a newsletter just for Conference updates. Subscribe for regular updates.
Full price registration:
Registration is now open for the full conference price.
Heart of the City will bring together a unique mix of park professionals and community leaders.
To help you share this conference opportunity with your manager, we’ve prepared a one-page document highlighting the opportunity and how you’ll benefit from conference attendance.
Full Conference Price is $550
Non-profit and community groups are encouraged to apply to attend the conference and receive the following subsidized rates and travel and accommodation bursaries.
- Non Profit subsidized price is $200
- Community park group subsidized price is $50
Travel and accommodation bursaries requests are included in the application for subsidized registration.
All those who apply will be notified on a rolling basis.
Travel & accommodation bursaries
A limited number of travel & accommodation bursaries are available for non-profit and community park group members that reside outside Montreal.
Travel and accommodation bursaries are:
- Quebec bursary (outside Montreal): $350
- Ontario bursary: $350
- Vancouver bursary: $1050
- Other Canadian cities bursary $750
Applications close March 7, 2019 & will be reviewed continuously.
If for any reason the amount of bursary funding would stand in the way of you attending, we encourage you to reach out to us directly at email@example.com
Register or apply now
Thank you to our generous supporters: