Walk in the Park offers Metro Vancouver seniors training and support to lead small walking clubs in parks and green spaces.
We're on the lookout for Indigenous elders and seniors (60+) who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour), to create their own fun walking clubs that meet regularly to walk in local parks and green spaces.
Selected Walk Leaders will receive:
- Access to resources,
- Equipment like walking sticks and steps counter,
- A $600 honorarium to support your work to start a walking club in your local community park.
Does this sound like you?
- Community-minded (enthusiastic and friendly) and like the outdoors and gentle fitness.
- Indigenous elder or senior who identifies as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour).
- Can commit to coordinating at least nine community walks between July 2022 and March 24, 2023, with support from Park People.
- Excited to play a volunteer role in the community.
The application deadline has been extended! Contact us by June 13th at 5 pm to learn more about the program