Walk in the Park offers Vancouver seniors training and support to lead small walking clubs in parks and green spaces.
We're on the lookout for Indigenous elders and seniors (65+) who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), to create their own fun walking clubs that meet regularly to walk in local parks and greenspaces.
Selected Walk Leaders will receive:
- Online training,
- Access to resources,
- Equipment like walking sticks and steps counter,
- A $600 honorarium to support your work to start a walking club in your local community park.
Does this sound like you?
- Community-minded (enthusiastic and friendly) and like the outdoors and gentle fitness.
- Indigenous elder or senior who identifies as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color).
- Can commit to coordinating at least nine community walks between July 2021 and March 25, 2022, with support from Park People.
- Excited to play a volunteer role in the community.
Contact us by July 7th at 5 pm to learn more about the program.